Mary Rothschild studies the effects of media on young children. She tells this story, “Each child was happily kneading their dough, these two, two-and-a-half to five-year-old children, and making a bread animal or something. I thought, “Wow. It’s been like four minutes and they’re all quiet!”Then this little girl next to me looked up and said, “Mary, the Lion King video is too loud.” So I thought somebody was playing music in their car, or something. So I listened and then I said: “I can’t hear it.” The little girl said, “It’s in my head.” That’s when I really started working with the nonprofit because I couldn’t not do this work. Media is here to stay, but are there things we need to do around our consumption of media?
- 15 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 18 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment