Imagine a lake having the same rights as a landowner. Or a condor with the same rights as a child. Under Bolivia’s historic Law of Mother Earth, signed into law in 2010, all entities in nature have equal rights to humans. Based on Andean spiritual principles, the law was enacted in an effort to curb climate change and the exploitation of Bolivia’s natural resources. It spells out seven specific rights that nature and all its constituents have. Read nature’s rights and find out more about this groundbreaking, comprehensive plan to protect the environment.
- 1 hour ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Welcome One Emergency Shelter - 0 Comment