“Jacob Needleman’s voice has been prominent in the conversation about man’s inner possibilities for some forty years. Turning away from a career in medicine toward philosophy while at Harvard, he went on to Yale, and then moved west when a position opened up at San Francisco State University. While teaching there, he found himself more and more drawn toward man’s perennial questions. Making a decision not to confine himself to academic writing, he chose to share his own meditations with a broader audience. His book The New Religions, originally published in 1970, was a ground-breaking study of alternative spirituality in America. Many influential volumes followed, including The Heart of Philosophy, Money and the Meaning of Life, The American Soul, and What Is God?. I met with Dr. Needleman at his home in Oakland, California, to approach the question of the unknown in an open-ended way. ” This interview shares more.
- 2 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment