“I remember a dream of long ago — we all have this kind of dream, I think — in which I came onto the stage to play a solo organ recital. The audience applauded and quieted down, I took my seat on the organ bench, placed the music just so, my fingers on the keyboard, and then realized I’d never played the organ before. I was a flute player, for God’s sake! I had no ideas what to do next, but it was too late, I had to play. So I did.” In this inspiring piece, Carolyn North explores what happens when we are unexpectedly called on to ‘rise to the occasion’. Drawing from personal experiences — including being called on as midwife to take charge of a complicated delivery in a remote village in India –she reminds us of what is within each one of us to do. And how imperative it is that we do it.
- 2 days ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment