Emily Baxter is a public defender, turned policy maker, turned storyteller with an unusual cause. As founder of the nonprofit, “We Are All Criminals” she invites everyday people to anonymously share stories of crimes and misdemeanors that they were never caught or charged for. Through sharing personal experiences, her work seeks to inspire empathy and ignite social change. The project is gaining gaining significant traction. In this in-depth interview Baxter dives into the ramifications of our overreaching and inequitable justice system, while highlighting remarkable stories of prejudice and redemption, privilege, injustice, and the transformation that is sparked by simply listening deeply to one another’s stories.
- 3 days ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment