“Its no surprise to anyone who knows my family well (or perhaps anyone who has a teenage daughter themselves) that growing up, my mom and I had a strained relationship.Simply put, she insisted that I sit at the table for dinner, go to bed at nine, periodically clean my room and go to church. She ran the whole house, had a full time job, and was frequently stressed. My dad, on the other hand, seemed totally relaxed to my child eyes. He would secretly take me for donuts before school, or McDonalds after. He would let me stay up late when mom was gone. He cracked hilarious jokes with waiters, librarians, flight attendants, and everyone else, which both delighted and embarrassed me.I was a total daddy’s girl.” Dharma Comics creator Leah Pearlman shares more in this poignant piece.
- 2 days ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment