Moina Shaiq has lived in the United States for close on four decades. This mother and grandmother is also a tireless community activist. The tragic shootings in Paris and San Bernadino brought home to her the widespread misunderstandings that surrounded the Islamic faith. So she decided to do something about it. She placed a “Meet a Muslim” ad in a local paper, inviting people to come spend an hour in conversation with her at a coffeeshop. “The newspaper told me to be prepared for no one to show up. So I just brought my laptop and planned to do some work. But I didnt need it.” Learn more about this remarkable woman and her work.
- 2 days ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment