Iris Grace Halmshaw, is an extraordinary 5-year-old British girl who was diagnosed with autism three years ago. In the first few years of her life she barely communicated. Painting proved to be an unexpected outlet, and her ethereal creations stunned not just her family, but the art world at large. “While Iris has been painting for more than 18 months now, a new friend joined her family just before Valentine’s Day this year, who has helped make all the difference in her ability and desire to communicate with the outside world.” This beautiful story shares more about the unexpected friendship between a gifted child artist and her cat Thula.
- 23 hours ago - SARC receives $10,900 from the Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention to help spread awareness - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Honors Martin Luther King Jr. with 700 Hours of Volunteer Service - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Expo for Transitioning Youth Connects Hundreds of Local Families to Resources for Teens and Young Adults with Differing Abilities - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Glassman Recommends FY 19 Budget With No Tax Increases, Record Investments in Public Safety, Education, Libraries - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - UMBC vs. University of Delaware at “Kicks for Chase” - 0 Comment