“When I was in the fourth grade, in the summertime when it would rain, we would always go out on a friend’s porch and sit there all in a row, enjoying ourselves just looking out at the world, hearing the rain come down. And once, when I was meditating, I thought, Why not just be inside myself like that, just looking out? And by God, it was just like sitting on the porch, looking out at the rain! That was a moment of being much more whole, much more present, experiencing one’s being. Art can bring you there, but if you do art to get there, you won’t get there. [laughs] I hate to tell you that, but it’s true.” Read on for a special interview with the late artist Nicholas Hlobeczy.
- 12 hours ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment