Every year, 350 billion pieces of disposable plastic cutlery and wooden chopsticks are discarded in the United States, Japan and India. Research scientist Narayana Peesapaty has come up with a solution: edible cutlery and chopsticks. These products are made of millet, rice and wheat, contain no preservatives, and have a shelf life of 3 years. They will also decompose in 3 to 7 days (unless they are eaten). The use of this cutlery is not only healthier (plastics leach toxins), but promotes environmental, economic and social justice. Find out how.
- 1 day ago - Havre de Grace Elementary School’s Thomas Dennison Jr. Named 2018 Lowell Milken Center Fellow - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Jones Junction Auto Dealership Group Now the Premier Sponsor of Bel Air Independence Day Celebration - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – DeAunte Wesley Printup - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Best Friends in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – Pleasantville Animal Hospital of Fallston - 0 Comment