Every year, 350 billion pieces of disposable plastic cutlery and wooden chopsticks are discarded in the United States, Japan and India. Research scientist Narayana Peesapaty has come up with a solution: edible cutlery and chopsticks. These products are made of millet, rice and wheat, contain no preservatives, and have a shelf life of 3 years. They will also decompose in 3 to 7 days (unless they are eaten). The use of this cutlery is not only healthier (plastics leach toxins), but promotes environmental, economic and social justice. Find out how.
- 12 hours ago - Freedom Federal Credit Union Collects Hundreds of Handbags To Support Harford County’s Homeless - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Picture of the Week for August 20, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Congratulations Alyssia McCaslin - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Inner County Outreach - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Congratulations Washington Street Books - 0 Comment