Irene Sullivan is an artist. She’s lived in remote regions of Alaska as a nurse practitioner; her experiences with indigenous people led her to an interest in female shamanism among arctic peoples and to independent research as a Fulbright Scholar. Later she became an ordained priest in the Episcopal Church in the sub-arctic region of northern Manitoba where she served three villages of the Cree people. Shes co-author of the Dictionary of Native American Mythology. As she writes, my artwork is a response to my experiences of living an observed life of mystery, silence, research and scholarship.
- 3 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 8 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment