Bundelkhand region, in the hinterlands of Uttar Pradesh, is one of the poorest districts in India. In this deeply patriarchal society, domestic and sexual violence against women is endemic. The Gulabi (pink) Gang was founded by Sampat Pal to start a movement for change. Named for the pink saris worn by the women members, the organization helps raise women’s consciousness and empowers them to become self-sufficient. Learn more about their inspiring work through this short video.
- 19 hours ago - Harford County Public Schools Receives Grant to Continue Full-day Prekindergarten at Three Elementary Schools - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Harford Chamber Hosts 41st Military Appreciation Luncheon - 0 Comment
- 22 hours ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT OFFERS NO-COST HIV TESTING ON JUNE 27th IN OBSERVANCE OF 2018 NATIONAL HIV TESTING DAY - 0 Comment
- 22 hours ago - Dunlop Launches Its Latest Footwear Innovation The Chesapeake General Use PVC Boot - 0 Comment
- 23 hours ago - Harford County to Launch “Choose Civility” Campaign - 0 Comment