Bundelkhand region, in the hinterlands of Uttar Pradesh, is one of the poorest districts in India. In this deeply patriarchal society, domestic and sexual violence against women is endemic. The Gulabi (pink) Gang was founded by Sampat Pal to start a movement for change. Named for the pink saris worn by the women members, the organization helps raise women’s consciousness and empowers them to become self-sufficient. Learn more about their inspiring work through this short video.
- 16 hours ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 17 hours ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Welcome One Emergency Shelter - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Living’s Business of the Week – APGFCU - 0 Comment