“From the stones of the destruction we will build plant basins to grow flowers.” It started with one man’s efforts to beautify his home with paint and flowers, but the initiative spread as neighbors came forward to spread the beauty. Using salvaged and recycled material, with some funding from a local and U.S. nonprofit, the densely populated neighborhood of al-Zaitoun in Gaza City, Palestine, is awash in color, murals, and flowers, bringing some much-needed comfort to an area besieged with war and destruction.
- 10 hours ago - Ballet Chesapeake Presents “Cinderella” - 0 Comment
- 14 hours ago - The New Superfood To Spice Up Your ‘Moringa’ Smoothie - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - Three Harford County Public Schools Elementary Schools and One Middle School Earn Maryland Green School Recognition - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - “This Place Matters” - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - 0 Comment