“In 1978, 5-year-old Frank “Bopsy” Salazar was diagnosed with leukemia. Doctors advised his mother, Octaviana Trujillo, to check him in to St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix. At the time, Trujillo was 26, single, and couldn’t afford to put Bopsy on her health insurance. She checked him in anyway. Over the next two years, Bopsy was treated by Dr. Frank Barranco, a physician who the 5-year-old adored and who eventually introduced him to the people who would make his last days count.” Read on for the moving story of the first child to have his wishes granted through the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- 16 hours ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 19 hours ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Picture of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – Mitch Lebovic Photography - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Pugh Zoo Rescue - 0 Comment