Share Your Love This Valentine’s Day (291)
(NewsUSA) – Sponsored News – Looking for a new way to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year? Why not consider something just as healthy but with a more far-reaching impact than chocolate and flowers? Make a gift to someone you don’t know or volunteer your time through an organization like UniversalGiving (www.universalgiving.org).
According to United Health Group, when you give of yourself you get an increased sense of purpose and decreased stress levels. In layman’s terms: Giving feels good. For those interested in making a job change, a LinkedIn study reveals that almost half of prospective employers view volunteering just as important as paid work experience.
UniversalGiving’s website offers opportunities to give back globally. For as little as $10, you can buy mosquito nets to protect children from contracting malaria, or buy food and books for families in need. Or, if you have time to volunteer, you can choose from opportunities in more than 100 countries, including tutoring children in Ethiopia or working with locals in Thailand to preserve that country’s elephant habitat.
Every dollar you donate through UniversalGiving goes directly to the cause you select. UniversalGiving is able to do this because it covers its administrative expenses through fees it earns consulting to Fortune 500 companies on their volunteer and giving programs.
UniversalGiving thoroughly vets every partner organization using a 24-stage Quality Model. This unique system makes sure that your funds will go to the right place and make the biggest difference.
“Real change happens through one-on-one connection. If one person can connect with another and increase their compassion and respect for others, then we are on our way to a world that recognizes, and lives, peace,” said UniversalGiving Founder and CEO Pamela Hawley.
For more information, visit www.universalgiving.org.
- 4 days ago - Shop, Snack, Sip and Help those Experiencing Homelessness at “Hope in Handbags-Silent Purse Auction & Retail Sale” September 8th-9th - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Education Foundation’s Stuff the Bus Campaign is Underway - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Great Escapes Harford Opens Challenging New Game Room - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Harford County Seeks Youth and Adult Volunteers for Teen Court Program - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Community Invited to Attend the “Block Party” at the Bel Air South Shopping Center August 19 - 0 Comment