“College students often get stereotyped as stressed out and sleep-deprived. But at universities across the country, students are aiming to change that as they join clubs dedicated to a common, joyful purpose: spreading happiness. Northwestern University is home to one of the country’s oldest college happiness clubs, which began unofficially in 2008 when a group of students handed out hot chocolate outside the library on a cold evening right before finals week. This semester the club hosted events like “Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles,” where children’s soap bubbles, bubble wrap and bubble gum were handed out for students’ amusement.” These seemingly light-hearted activities in campuses across the country have powerful implications for the overall well-being of students.
- 1 day ago - “Sensory Trail” for Citizens with Differing Abilities Coming to Harford County’s Schucks Regional Park - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Are You Ready to Romance the Chrome? - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties Announces Harford County Youth of the Year 2018 Finalists - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Announces 2018 Gala Theme - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Annie’s Playground in Fallston to Close April 14 & 15 for John Carroll Students to Repaint Faded Artwork - 0 Comment