Nearly a quarter century ago, at a gathering in Arizona, John W. Gardner — a legendary public intellectual and civic reformer — delivered a speech that may be one of the most quietly influential speeches in the history of American business. Surprisingly, this speech was not about money nor power. Rather, it was on “Personal Renewal” — “the urgent need for leaders who wish to make a difference and stay effective to commit themselves to continue learning and growing.” This piece takes a deeper look at the nuggets of wisdom in Gardner’s timeless speech.
- 1 day ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment