Nearly a quarter century ago, at a gathering in Arizona, John W. Gardner — a legendary public intellectual and civic reformer — delivered a speech that may be one of the most quietly influential speeches in the history of American business. Surprisingly, this speech was not about money nor power. Rather, it was on “Personal Renewal” — “the urgent need for leaders who wish to make a difference and stay effective to commit themselves to continue learning and growing.” This piece takes a deeper look at the nuggets of wisdom in Gardner’s timeless speech.
- 3 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 8 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment