“Shelagh Gordon was another name in the obituaries, an ordinary woman who had died suddenly.” Or was she? Here’s what her passing revealed about Gordon: “Her relationships were as rich as the chocolate pudding pie she’d whip together…She was both alone and crowded by love…She was the interpreter, she made sure everybody understood each other’s feelings…You could put your heart on the table and you know that she’d never step on it, because she took great pride and honor that you gave that to her.” Four years ago, a newspaper dedicated unprecedented coverage to 55-year-old Shelagh Gordon’s funeral — in a memorable attempt to illustrate the impact one ‘ordinary’ person can have.
- 2 days ago - What is Your Favorite Local Salon? - 3 Comments
- 3 days ago - Warm Winter Coats Distributed to 155 Harford County Children in Need - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Government Launches “HarCo Mobile” App - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Barry Glassman Installed as Second Vice President on County Association’s Board of Directors - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Dr. Russell W. Moy Named Harford County Health Officer - 0 Comment