“Shelagh Gordon was another name in the obituaries, an ordinary woman who had died suddenly.” Or was she? Here’s what her passing revealed about Gordon: “Her relationships were as rich as the chocolate pudding pie she’d whip together…She was both alone and crowded by love…She was the interpreter, she made sure everybody understood each other’s feelings…You could put your heart on the table and you know that she’d never step on it, because she took great pride and honor that you gave that to her.” Four years ago, a newspaper dedicated unprecedented coverage to 55-year-old Shelagh Gordon’s funeral — in a memorable attempt to illustrate the impact one ‘ordinary’ person can have.
- 4 days ago - Choose Civility Harford County Announces Summer Events for All Ages - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Don’t You Just Love Fresh Produce - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Picture of the Week for July 9, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 7 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health Named Title Sponsor of Susquehanna River Running Festival’s Half Marathon - 0 Comment
- 7 days ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – Ballyhoo! - 0 Comment