“Shelagh Gordon was another name in the obituaries, an ordinary woman who had died suddenly.” Or was she? Here’s what her passing revealed about Gordon: “Her relationships were as rich as the chocolate pudding pie she’d whip together…She was both alone and crowded by love…She was the interpreter, she made sure everybody understood each other’s feelings…You could put your heart on the table and you know that she’d never step on it, because she took great pride and honor that you gave that to her.” Four years ago, a newspaper dedicated unprecedented coverage to 55-year-old Shelagh Gordon’s funeral — in a memorable attempt to illustrate the impact one ‘ordinary’ person can have.
- 11 hours ago - “Sensory Trail” for Citizens with Differing Abilities Coming to Harford County’s Schucks Regional Park - 0 Comment
- 11 hours ago - Are You Ready to Romance the Chrome? - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties Announces Harford County Youth of the Year 2018 Finalists - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Announces 2018 Gala Theme - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Annie’s Playground in Fallston to Close April 14 & 15 for John Carroll Students to Repaint Faded Artwork - 0 Comment