Is Your Smile Unforgettable? (344)
(NewsUSA) – Sponsored News – If it’s true that you only get one chance to make a great first impression, then a picture-perfect smile could be the key, according to a recent study.
In a survey conducted by Kelton Global for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), a person’s smile makes for a memorable meeting. The survey results found that nearly half of adults surveyed (48 percent) believed that a smile is the most memorable feature after first meeting someone — more so than the first thing a person says (25 percent), the clothes they wear (9 percent), or the way they smell (8 percent.)
Your smile can reveal more than just your teeth and gums. “It’s about who you are and how you feel about yourself,” Dr. Sidney Markowitz, a cosmetic dentist in Washington D.C. and past president of the AACD, told the New York Times.
But the way teeth look in a smile matters as well. Bad teeth may result in being memorable for all the wrong reasons. More than one-third of people surveyed (37 percent) felt that people with a flawed smile were less attractive, while one-quarter said those with imperfect smiles were less confident.
“It [cosmetic dentistry] creates a better self-image. That’s worth a lot in today’s highly competitive world,” Markowitz said. “Any edge you can get is an advantage. A great smile is an edge.”
Other findings include:
* More than half (52 percent) of respondents say they would smile more if they had a nicer smile.
* Thirty-eight percent say they avoid smiling in photographs because of the way their teeth look.
* More than half (60 percent) are more likely to pay for a great smile over other cosmetic procedures.
“The smile is our area of expertise, and AACD dentists make it easier for people looking for a job or a new relationship to put their best foot forward,” says Dr. Joyce Bassett, AACD president.
The AACD urges those considering cosmetic dentistry to visit an AACD member dentist.
For more information and to locate an AACD member dentist near you, please visit www.YourSmileBecomesYou.com.
- 17 hours ago - Shop, Snack, Sip and Help those Experiencing Homelessness at “Hope in Handbags-Silent Purse Auction & Retail Sale” September 8th-9th - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Education Foundation’s Stuff the Bus Campaign is Underway - 0 Comment
- 20 hours ago - Great Escapes Harford Opens Challenging New Game Room - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Seeks Youth and Adult Volunteers for Teen Court Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Community Invited to Attend the “Block Party” at the Bel Air South Shopping Center August 19 - 0 Comment