“I read a book called The Gift by Lewis Hyde. I think it struck me on several levels. The book has many layers; it’s about creativity and art…having gifts that come to us from somewhere outside our own willpower, something we can’t completely control; how creative work wants to be shared as a gift; how this “circulation of gifts” co-exists uncomfortably in a market economy, in transaction culture, where everything is measured in monetary terms.” Prompted by Hyde’s masterpiece, Robin McKenna began work on”GIFT”, a documentary that delves into gift-initiatives around the world. This interview shares more.
- 1 day ago - Stopping the Opioid Addiction by Raising Awareness in the Community - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - APGFCU Member Awarded CU Foundation Scholarship - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Glassman Administration Awards $1.5 Million in FY19 to Nonprofits Promoting Harford County Tourism - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health, Claire Marie Foundation Host Adolescent Melanoma Screening Event - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Picture Yourself Enjoying Harford Streams Summer Adventure - 0 Comment