“I read a book called The Gift by Lewis Hyde. I think it struck me on several levels. The book has many layers; it’s about creativity and art…having gifts that come to us from somewhere outside our own willpower, something we can’t completely control; how creative work wants to be shared as a gift; how this “circulation of gifts” co-exists uncomfortably in a market economy, in transaction culture, where everything is measured in monetary terms.” Prompted by Hyde’s masterpiece, Robin McKenna began work on”GIFT”, a documentary that delves into gift-initiatives around the world. This interview shares more.
- 2 days ago - Is Your Home Handicap Accessible? - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - 5 or 10 Spinning Classes at Emerge Wellness (Up to 42% Off) - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Disabilities Commission Seeks Nominees for 2018 Employment Recognition Awards - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Are You Ready For a Party On the Patio? - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for August 13, 2018 - 0 Comment