Dr. Vijayalakshmi Deshmane is one of India’s most reputed oncologists who dedicates her life to service through medicine. But, when she was just a child, born into a “backward caste” and a socio-economically disadvantaged family living in the slums of India, with little access to food and basic amenities, leave alone educational opportunities, it was not obvious she would have such an illustrious career. Yet, through her family’s and her own efforts, she defeated the odds stacked against her. In this interview, Dr. Deshmane describes her incredible journey of personal and social transformation — fostered through love, service, community, and faith — that led her from a childhood selling vegetables with her mother to being a leading breast cancer specialist.
- 2 days ago - What is Your Favorite Local Salon? - 3 Comments
- 3 days ago - Warm Winter Coats Distributed to 155 Harford County Children in Need - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Government Launches “HarCo Mobile” App - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford County Executive Barry Glassman Installed as Second Vice President on County Association’s Board of Directors - 0 Comment
- 6 days ago - Dr. Russell W. Moy Named Harford County Health Officer - 0 Comment