Dr. Vijayalakshmi Deshmane is one of India’s most reputed oncologists who dedicates her life to service through medicine. But, when she was just a child, born into a “backward caste” and a socio-economically disadvantaged family living in the slums of India, with little access to food and basic amenities, leave alone educational opportunities, it was not obvious she would have such an illustrious career. Yet, through her family’s and her own efforts, she defeated the odds stacked against her. In this interview, Dr. Deshmane describes her incredible journey of personal and social transformation — fostered through love, service, community, and faith — that led her from a childhood selling vegetables with her mother to being a leading breast cancer specialist.
- 23 hours ago - Can’t Decide What to Do with Your Old Furniture and Housewares? - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Honored by National Association of Counties for Using the Arts to Raise Awareness About Addiction - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - 31 Citizens with Disabilities Discover the Thrill of Bike Riding at Harford County “iCan Bike” Camp - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment