Dr. Vijayalakshmi Deshmane is one of India’s most reputed oncologists who dedicates her life to service through medicine. But, when she was just a child, born into a “backward caste” and a socio-economically disadvantaged family living in the slums of India, with little access to food and basic amenities, leave alone educational opportunities, it was not obvious she would have such an illustrious career. Yet, through her family’s and her own efforts, she defeated the odds stacked against her. In this interview, Dr. Deshmane describes her incredible journey of personal and social transformation — fostered through love, service, community, and faith — that led her from a childhood selling vegetables with her mother to being a leading breast cancer specialist.
- 4 days ago - Nearly 3,000 Qualifying Seniors, Retired Military Veterans Approved for 20% Harford County Property Tax Credit - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford Transit Bus Driver Dave Hall Steers His Way to First Place in Statewide “Roadeo” Competition - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Sometimes you can’t reach the beach! - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES HEPATITIS-C TESTING DAY ON MAY 18th - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs Announces First Cecil County Golf Tournament - 0 Comment