What happens when a nursing home gets merged with a college dormitory? That’s what they are finding out in an inter-generational model that is playing out in a long-term living facility in the Netherlands. The bold initiative is backed by research that shows that regular social interaction has been found to not only improve overall health in older adults, but it also represents a wonderful way for the students to help connect the elderly to the outside world.
- 4 days ago - Nearly 3,000 Qualifying Seniors, Retired Military Veterans Approved for 20% Harford County Property Tax Credit - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford Transit Bus Driver Dave Hall Steers His Way to First Place in Statewide “Roadeo” Competition - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Sometimes you can’t reach the beach! - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES HEPATITIS-C TESTING DAY ON MAY 18th - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs Announces First Cecil County Golf Tournament - 0 Comment