What happens when a nursing home gets merged with a college dormitory? That’s what they are finding out in an inter-generational model that is playing out in a long-term living facility in the Netherlands. The bold initiative is backed by research that shows that regular social interaction has been found to not only improve overall health in older adults, but it also represents a wonderful way for the students to help connect the elderly to the outside world.
- 6 hours ago - The Arc NCR Receives Funding from The Arc and Walmart Foundation to Continue Building Employment Program - 0 Comment
- 12 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment