“Today, in our culture of productivity-fetishism, we have succumbed to the tyrannical notion of ‘work/life balance’ and have come to see the very notion of ‘leisure’ not as essential to the human spirit but as self-indulgent luxury reserved for the privileged or deplorable idleness reserved for the lazy.” Maria Popova draws from the wisdom of classic and contemporary philosophers, scientists, and spiritual leaders to challenge our current notion of leisure and suggests instead that leisure is sacred and essential for human progress.
- 10 hours ago - Ballet Chesapeake Presents “Cinderella” - 0 Comment
- 14 hours ago - The New Superfood To Spice Up Your ‘Moringa’ Smoothie - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - Three Harford County Public Schools Elementary Schools and One Middle School Earn Maryland Green School Recognition - 0 Comment
- 15 hours ago - “This Place Matters” - 0 Comment
- 16 hours ago - Ice Cream, Ice Cream, We All Scream for Ice Cream - 0 Comment