“Today, in our culture of productivity-fetishism, we have succumbed to the tyrannical notion of ‘work/life balance’ and have come to see the very notion of ‘leisure’ not as essential to the human spirit but as self-indulgent luxury reserved for the privileged or deplorable idleness reserved for the lazy.” Maria Popova draws from the wisdom of classic and contemporary philosophers, scientists, and spiritual leaders to challenge our current notion of leisure and suggests instead that leisure is sacred and essential for human progress.
- 1 day ago - Vote for Your Favorite Local Annual Event - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Harford County Retains Triple-A Bond Ratings - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County’s Tourism Funding Program Accepting Applications for FY 2019 - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Earns 29th Consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from Government Finance Officers Association - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Picture of the Week for January 15, 2018 - 0 Comment