“Today, in our culture of productivity-fetishism, we have succumbed to the tyrannical notion of ‘work/life balance’ and have come to see the very notion of ‘leisure’ not as essential to the human spirit but as self-indulgent luxury reserved for the privileged or deplorable idleness reserved for the lazy.” Maria Popova draws from the wisdom of classic and contemporary philosophers, scientists, and spiritual leaders to challenge our current notion of leisure and suggests instead that leisure is sacred and essential for human progress.
- 4 hours ago - Everything Deserves a Second Chance! - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Extreme Balloon Man, Mr. Jon and Mike Rose Show How Libraries Rock! During the Summer Reading Challenge - 0 Comment
- 22 hours ago - HARFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT BULSON BEGINS LISTEN AND LEARN TOUR - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment