You may have probably heard of the marshmallow experiment, where children were told they would get two marshmallows if they could resist eating the one placed in front of them for some time. The study highlighted how hard it can be to delay gratification, but how rewarding as well: children who resisted eating the marshmallow not only got two marshmallows but also did better later on in life. This article summarizes the latest research on how adults can have an easier time delaying gratification to secure larger payoffs in the future.
- 4 days ago - Nearly 3,000 Qualifying Seniors, Retired Military Veterans Approved for 20% Harford County Property Tax Credit - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Harford Transit Bus Driver Dave Hall Steers His Way to First Place in Statewide “Roadeo” Competition - 0 Comment
- 4 days ago - Sometimes you can’t reach the beach! - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - HEALTH DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES HEPATITIS-C TESTING DAY ON MAY 18th - 0 Comment
- 5 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs Announces First Cecil County Golf Tournament - 0 Comment