There are over 800 million undernourished people in the world today. Hunger and malnutrition are in fact the number one risk to health worldwide. Yet there is enough food in the world to feed everyone. In San Francisco, California, 1 out of 4 people go hungry at some point during the month. There are also more than 4,000 restaurants in the city that throw away excess food. Mary Risley, founder of Tante Marie’s Cooking School, decided to do something to prevent that. In 1987, together with a small group of women, she started a grassroots initiative called Food Runners to help alleviate hunger, prevent food waste, and create community. San Franciscans connecting with other San Franciscans.
- 17 hours ago - Improving Health in Harford County with Beets - 0 Comment
- 19 hours ago - Spot DIY Scams in Harford County - 0 Comment
- 21 hours ago - Picture of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Living’s Artist of the Week – Mitch Lebovic Photography - 0 Comment
- 1 day ago - Harford County Living’s Non-Profit of the Week – Pugh Zoo Rescue - 0 Comment