There are over 800 million undernourished people in the world today. Hunger and malnutrition are in fact the number one risk to health worldwide. Yet there is enough food in the world to feed everyone. In San Francisco, California, 1 out of 4 people go hungry at some point during the month. There are also more than 4,000 restaurants in the city that throw away excess food. Mary Risley, founder of Tante Marie’s Cooking School, decided to do something to prevent that. In 1987, together with a small group of women, she started a grassroots initiative called Food Runners to help alleviate hunger, prevent food waste, and create community. San Franciscans connecting with other San Franciscans.
- 2 days ago - “Sensory Trail” for Citizens with Differing Abilities Coming to Harford County’s Schucks Regional Park - 0 Comment
- 2 days ago - Are You Ready to Romance the Chrome? - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties Announces Harford County Youth of the Year 2018 Finalists - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Harford County Public Library Foundation Announces 2018 Gala Theme - 0 Comment
- 3 days ago - Annie’s Playground in Fallston to Close April 14 & 15 for John Carroll Students to Repaint Faded Artwork - 0 Comment